Friday, May 13, 2011

Depakote for my Preschooler: Still Promising


OK, I think I may be ready to get my hopes up a little. It's been several weeks now. We're up to 3.5 pills and things are better. They're not perfect. Pajama Monster has normal preschooler naughtiness, which is fine. He also has weepy moments where he gets "stuck" on something and really needs time to calm down. We use the explosive child model for those. The third and final behavior problem seems to be the old Pajama Monster problem, and that's where we're seeing the most improvement. We're seeing less of the random defiance, less manic laughing, less seemingly random or just bizarre destruction. The poo smearing and urine behavior are still there, but marginally better. Evenings after about 5PM are the hardest, though I wonder if that's related to the Adderall wearing off completely. We may switch from Adderall to Strattera after we see what's going on with the Depakote for another month or two. The best part...people are starting to comment that Pajama Monster seems to be doing better. Oh please, please, please be the right answer for my little baby!

No comments:

Post a Comment